Service Improvement and Innovation in Universities
Save the Date for 2017: 19 - 20 October 2017
Building on successful conferences in 2015 and 2016, the Service Improvement and Innovation in Universities Conference will again take place in 2017. Join us on 19 and 20 October at Sydney Harbour to hear leading experts from within the sector and from industry and government discuss innovation in their institutions.
Once again organised by the sector and for the sector on the principle of high quality – low cost to participants, our broad aim remains to build our capability as institutions, and boost the overall performance of universities.
This year’s conference will sharpen the focus on Innovation, what is innovation in tertiary education, and skills for creating innovation. Watch this space for the announcement of detailed conference themes and learning outcomes.
If you would like to propose a topic or presentation, please contact Melissa Hendicott or call +61 3 9035 6429 for a Call for Papers Application.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain valuable insights from leaders and peers in the sector who have successfully carried out transformational change, big and small.
- Opportunities to discuss key issues affecting your institution and the sector as a whole.
- Bring back ideas on how to establish a service improvement initiative in your institution or extract more value from a current one.
- Learn how to think outside the square, create focus on people and culture and translate these into results for your institution.
- Enhance your institution’s chances of future success through an increase in service quality.
- Opportunities to network with peers and participate in interactive group sessions that will capture new thinking and better practices.
WHO IS THIS CONFERENCE FOR?
Senior university executives and managers or directors of business units, particularly those with responsibilities for business and process improvement, change management, administration, planning and service delivery.
Below are examples of their position titles.
- Deputy or Pro Vice-Chancellor
- Registrar or Deputy
- Vice-Principal or Deputy
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Finance Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Project Director or Manager
- Director or Manager of Business Improvement
- Director or Manager of Change or Transformation
- Director or Manager of Administration
- Director or Manager of Planning
- Director or Manager of Services (e.g. Student Services, Research, HR, Finance and IT)
BY THE SECTOR, FOR THE SECTOR
This conference is organised by the LH Martin Institute and led by a steering committee comprising:
- Stephen Weller, Chief Operating Officer, Australian Catholic University and Past President, Association for Tertiary Education Management. Read Stephen's blog article on the pursuit of service excellence.
- Janet Beard, Senior Honorary, Fellow LH Martin Institute, University of Melbourne
- Leo Goedegebuure, Director, LH Martin Institute
TESTIMONIALS FROM PAST CONFERENCES
Read through this blog by Mark Robinson, Director of Lean, St Andrews, Scotland, for a detailed account of the 2016 conference
‘Excellent and high quality speakers and a good sense of collegiality amongst conference attendees” – 2016 Participant
“An excellent event, the best and most useful conference I've been to in a long time.” – 2015 participant
“The choice of keynote speakers was really good, generally great to hear about instances in other industries and not just our own since we are all working in that environment.” – 2015 participant
DATES AND VENUE DETAILS
Conference opens (registrations): 8:30pm Thursday 19th October 2017
Conference closes: 4pm Friday 20th October 2017
Note: The start and closing times are indicative only and subject to change; please see the full conference program for details.
Venue: Pier One, Sydney Harbour
Dinner Venue: Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney
Full conference: $1800 (excl GST). Includes full conference attendance and dinner
Conference Only: $1500 (excl GST). Does not include Dinner
Early Bird and Group Discount Rate: $1350 (excl GST). Limited tickets available.
Early Bird Registration is now open. Tickets are limited.
To enquire about group registrations, please contact Melissa Hendicott (email@example.com or call +61 3 9035 6429)