Tertiary Education Management graduate courses
Now accepting applications for 2017
Our Tertiary Education Management graduate courses aim to address the increasing need for specialised knowledge and skills in tertiary sector leadership and management. This program is taught by leading international academics who conduct evidence-based research in the field of higher education.
Designed for middle to senior level educators, administrators and policy makers in tertiary education, you will gain international perspectives on university and vocational education systems, policy settings, institutional strategies and work cultures.
Courses on offer
Master and Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (Management)
The Master and Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (Management) courses aim to provide concepts, insights and practical skills for leading and managing successfully in tertiary sector institutions and is offered as a masters and graduate certificate.
Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (Governance)
The Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (Governance) offers expert perspectives on the broader tertiary education systems, policy settings, institutional strategies and tertiary sector work cultures in national and international contexts, to situate governance in these broader contexts.
Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (Quality Assurance)
The Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (Quality Assurance) offers expert perspectives on quality assurance (QA) issues, policies, national systems and institutional approaches in both national and international tertiary education contexts, drawn from the best and latest research and resources.
Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (Research Mgmt and Policy)
The Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (Research Mgmt and Policy) aims to provide concepts, insights and practical skills for leading and managing research and policy environments within tertiary institutions and government departments.
More information about each of our courses is available on the University of Melbourne's online graduate courses website.
Features of our courses
All of our graduate courses provide:
- 100% online delivery (from 2017)
- A high degree of contextualisation to the contemporary tertiary environment
- Research-informed and evidence based approaches to effective leadership and management
- A strategic focus on developing the knowledge, skills and abilities essential for the next generation of professional and academic tertiary education leaders
- Expert perspectives on emerging trends and issues
- Multi-modal approaches to learning and development, from theory and critical analysis to applied problem solving and practical application
- Access to the most current and relevant literature, case studies and practitioner experiences across the full spectrum of issues facing leaders and managers in tertiary education institutions, locally and internationally.
Our graduate courses are coordinated and delivered by a team of academics and professionals who come from a diverse range of backgrounds. Collectively they possess an enormous wealth of knowledge gained from practical work experience and field research. They are also supported by a global network of experts from stakeholder and partner institutions.
Watch a webinar with two academics on the program, Prof. Leo Goedegebuure and Dr Heather Davis, below.
Our colleagues at the University of Melbourne's online graduate courses are available to support you through your application process. They can be contacted at +61 3 8344 0149 or via live chat.