This suite of programs has been specifically designed to meet the development needs of current and the next generation of leaders in tertiary education. Some of them also offer articulation pathways into our postgraduate programs, enabling participants to trial subjects before committing to a full degree. The following are categories of our professional development programs.
These are intensive, non-award programs delivered in multiple modules over the course of the year. They focus on the diverse challenges faced by leaders and managers at varying levels of tertiary education organisations.
- Leading Universities
- Leading and Managing in Universities: Critical Insights for Academic and Corporate Leaders (previously 'Tertiary Education Leadership' series)
- Emerging Leaders and Managers Program
- The Governance series*:
*This series aims to provide members of university governing bodies and those involved in governance with an enhanced understanding of their role and relationships in order to improve the performance of their university. It consists of four modules, each focusing on a different aspect of governance, which will expose participants to the range of skills and knowledge required to be effective members of governing bodies.
Access the latest research, academic and professional expertise in specialist areas. These subjects provide pathways into our postgraduate programs.
- Managing International Tertiary Education
- Managing Tertiary Education Teaching and Learning
- Institutional Governance in Tertiary Education
- Leading and Managing Research
- Institutional Research in Tertiary Educaion
- Maintaining Quality within Institutions
- Operating an External Quality Agency
- External Quality Assurance.
Our short courses focus on skills-based training and current topical issues. They aim to increase participants' understanding of specific areas, develop expertise in their current role and prepare them for the next stage in their career.
- Budgeting & Financial Management for Tertiary Education Managers
- Effectively Handling Allegations and Investigations of Research Misconduct
- University Fee De-regulation: Markets, Strategy and Pricing - Discussion and Simulation Forum
- Enhancing Academic Workload Management.
Missions to other countries or regions which aim to enhance participants' understanding of a particular development there that is also affecting the Australian tertiary education sector.
Our public programs, such as those listed above, can be adapted and delivered for a specific cohort or institution by request. If you would like to explore this option, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 3 8344 0756.